The DW8505A is an instant On/Off LED driver for low power LED applications. At DW8505A output stage, one regulated current port is designed to provide a uniform and constant current sink for driving LEDs within a large range of VF variations.
DW8505A easily provides users a consistent current source. User may adjust the output current from up to 100mA through an external resistor RS, which gives users flexibility in controlling the light intensity of LEDs. In addition, users can precisely adjust LED brightness from 0% to 100% via output enable (EN) with Pulse Width Modulation.
DW8505A also guarantees that LEDs can be cascaded to maximum 40V at the output port.
DW8505A Applications :
• LED light bulbs
• Signage and decorative LED lighting
• General lighting of flat panel displays
• RGB backlighting LED driver
• Current stabilizer with DC/DC or AC/DC
• Automotive lighting
• General purpose constant current source
● The DW8505A is Constant output current invariant to supply and load voltage change.
● The DW8505A is 5V to 40V supply voltage
● The DW8505A is Up to 100mA adjustable regulated output current
● The DW8505A is Built-in thermal derating circuit
● The DW8505A is Available PWM dimming control
● The DW8505A is Output current adjusted through an external resistor
●The DW8505A is SOT-23-5L(2.92x 2.8x 1.3(mm)) Package
DW8505A Pin placement and IC dimension ：
DW8505A Pin Description
DW8505A Pin Name
Output stage enable control pin. High enable the OUT pin. Dimming control is possible by PWM(Pulse width modulation).Typically, It operates under 30kHz.
Output current set input. Connect a resistor from RS to GND to set the LED bias current.
Supply voltage input.
Output pin. Sink current is decided by the current on RSET connected to RS.