The XL6003 regulator is fixed frequency PWM Boost (step-up) LED constant current driver, capable of driving Series 1W LED units with excellent line and load regulation. The regulator is simple to use because it includes internal frequency compensation and a fixed-frequency oscillator so that it requires a minimum number of external components to work. The XL6003 could directly drive 6 Series 1W LED units at VIN>12V .
The PWM control circuit is able to adjust the duty ratio linearly from 0 to 95%. An enable function, an over current protection function is built inside. An internal compensation block is built in to minimize external component count.
● Wide 3.6V to 24V Input Voltage Range
● 0.22V FB adjustable LED drive current
● Directly drive 6 Series 1W LED at VIN>=12V
● Fixed 400KHz Switching Frequency
● Max. 2A Switching Current Capability
● Up to 92% efficiency
● Excellent line and load regulation
● EN PIN TTL shutdown capability & With PWM Dimming Function
● Internal Optimize Power MOSFET
● Built in Soft-Start Function
● Built in Frequency Compensation
● Built in Thermal Shutdown Function
● Built in Current Limit Function
● Available in SOP8 package
XL6003 Pin Configurations
XL6003 Typical Application Circuit
Function Block Diagram of XL6003
XL6003 Pin Description
XL6003 Pin Number
XL6003 Pin Name
Enable Pin. Drive EN pin low to turn off the device, drive it high to turn it on. Floating is default high.
Supply Voltage Input Pin. XL6003 operates from a 3.6V to 24V DC voltage. Bypass Vin to GND with a suitably large capacitor to eliminate noise on the input.
Feedback Pin (FB). The feedback threshold voltage is 0.22V.
Power Switch Output Pin (SW). Output is the switch node that supplies power to the output.
XL6003 Ordering Information
Operating Junction Temperature
-40 oC To 125 oC
Tape and Reel
Keywords: boost constant current drive, XL6003, XL6003E1, over temperature protection,wide voltage, high current, simple circuit, boost topology, automobile lamp, street lamp, solar energy lamp, LED lamp, backlight, backlight board, TV, boost circuit, boost converter, boost IC, rising voltage and constant current IC, XLSEMI